Welcome to my essential oils blog! The purpose of this blog is to document my family's experience with dōTERRA oils and to share them with others. We've been using these oils for over two years now and I am convinced they are superior to any other EOs I have used before. Over the past 10+ years, we've been intentional towards living a more holistic and wholistic lifestyle, through both diet and medicinal approaches. Relying less on Western thought and practice toward medicine and overall well-being.

Essential oils have been used for thousands of years by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Indian Ayurvedic, Persians and widely throughout Europe. Historical uses include treatment of illness and injury, food preparation, beauty and hygeine practicies, religious ceremonies and aromatherapy. So, they can be used topically, internally and aromatically; often times most effective when all three methods are used simultaneously.

dōTERRA essential oils are beautifully pure and their potency and effectiveness is unmatched. They are certified pure therapeutic grade (CPTG) and are the only oils on the market that can be safely taken internally. I have seen remarkable results therapeutically, as well as medicinally and continue to learn more ways to integrate these oils into our lives. I hope this blog is helpful to you and provides inspiration to explore natural medicines and to live better.

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Itchy Winter Heads

It's basically Winter in Alaska now with plenty of snow, cold temperatures and very short days. Winter also brings itchy heads at my house. Thankfully, it is not lice (which we've had the displeasure of experiencing once before), but the dry conditions. So, what I have found to work is putting a drop or two each of rosemary and melaleuca oils into my shampoo. You could also rub it on the scalp after washing, but I prefer it in my shampoo. I leave it in awhile, while I am showering, and it makes a huge difference. You can also add a drop of peppermint, which gives a nice cooling/tingling sensation, for that extra clean feeling:) When my kids (or hubs) compalin of itchy heads, I do the same for them. I also have psoriasis on my scalp, which I've had all my life, as does my mother and late grandmother. Winter has always been the worst for my condition and I usually have terrible itchy head and danderuff and all things yucky that psoriasis has to offer. By using these oils, each time I shampoo, I have seen an improvement in the health of my scalp and the itchiness of others in my household. It sure beats all the other concoctions I've put together over the years to provide relief and it's completely natural and therapeutic, unlike the "medicated" shampoos you buy at the store. Plus, we keep the snow outdoors and off of our shoulders.


~Additionally~

Psoriasis and dandruff/itchy skin can be a sign of yeast overgrowth (candida overgrowth). Some may see better results by doing a cleanse by following a candida diet; cutting out sugars and gluten for a time, which feed yeast and greatly contribute to candida overgrowth.